Procedures to setup a unit at an SEZ
- SEZs broadly fall in two categories – Multi-Product SEZ and Sector Specific SEZ. For setting up a Unit, identify the SEZ. A unit can be set up for manufacturing of goods or for rendering services including trading.
- A unit can also be set up in an SEZ for rendering services or manufacturing services to overseas entities.
- An entity willing to set up a SEZ Unit has to submit a single application in a prescribed Form (Form F) in five copies to the Development Commissioner of the SEZ in which a unit is proposed to be set up with a copy to the Developer of the SEZ. Following details/documents are required.
- A crossed demand draft for Rs.10,000/- drawn in favour of Pay & Accounts Officer, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Mumbai
- A copy of certificate of incorporation along with Article of Association and
- memorandum in case of companies and partnership deed in case of partnership firm.
- Residence proof in respect of proprietor/partners/directors as the case may be.
- Income Tax returns of the proprietor or partners of last three years. In case of company, audited balance sheet for last three years.
- A brief project report giving experience of the promoters/marketing tie-ups/sources of financing etc.